The New Zealand Association of Scientists is a genuinely independent association of scientists who work and lobby to:
- promote science in New Zealand,
- increase public awareness of science and expose pseudo-science,
- debate and influence government science policy,
- improve working conditions for scientists, including gender and ethnic equality,
- promote free exchange of knowledge and international co-operation,
- and encourage excellence in science.
The Association membership includes physical, natural, mathematical and social scientists and welcomes members with an interest in science education, policy, communication and the social impact of science and technology.