Your membership helps support the advocacy of science in New Zealand. As a member of the NZAS you also receive:
- New Zealand Science Review, the official publication of the association*,
- representation in the media, before government, and other relevant groups, on issues of importance to scientists
- opportunities for participation in discussion on issues relating to New Zealand science, and
- an optional profile on scientists.org.nz (members set theirs up here).
Membership Fees for 2016-2017
Invoices are sent out to existing members each year. Annual membership fees* are:
- $70.00 for full members;
- $80.00 for joint members;
- $45.00 for associate members (this option is for those who are retired and/or unwaged);
- $15.00 for undergraduate and postgraduate students
- $150.00 for corporate membership (receive 2 copies of NZSR).
*As part of our transition to electronic publishing of the New Zealand Science Review, members will receive early access to the electronic version that is later published free online. All non-student members may opt out of the print edition, reducing membership fees by $35. By default, student members will not receive print copies but may opt in to the print edition for $35.
Please note that like other New Zealand scientific societies, members should advise us if they no longer wish to be members. Otherwise, ongoing membership is assumed and we will continue to send invoices yearly (as well as copies of the NZSR).
Joining NZAS: New Memberships
You can join at any time. If you join in the first half of our financial year (which runs from 1 August to 31 July) we ask you to pay a full membership, as above. If you join between February and the end of May non-student members may elect to pay half the full-year fee. If you join in June or July you will subsequently be invoiced for a full membership for the next NZAS financial year.
To join the NZ Association of Scientists:
- Follow the link below, where you will be asked to complete a form giving your membership details, and
- Pay your membership fees by one of the methods listed below.
Payments for New and Existing Members
You can pay your membership fee by:
Secure online payment via Paypal using a credit card.
- If you are paying for someone else, please enter the member's name when making a payment, so the payment can be correctly recorded
Direct credit to the NZ Association of Scientists bank account:
BNZ, Courtenay Place, Wellington
- Please give your name under Particulars and the invoice number (e.g. 2013/14-xx) under Reference so your payment can be identified
Cheque made out to the NZ Association of Scientists and posted to
NZ Association of Scientists
PO Box 1874
- Please cut off and include the slip from the bottom of your invoice with the cheque (or include the whole invoice if you don’t want it for your records)
New Zealand Science Review: Fees for Libraries
Library subscriptions are invoiced in advance for the calendar year.
From 2017, fees for sales (including postage) to libraries are:
- NZ libraries $95;
- Overseas libraries $108.00;
- NZ pre-tertiary school libraries $45.00;
Invoices for continuing sales are sent out to individual libraries circa February/March. Libraries purchasing through agents should be aware fees do not include agent fees, and invoices are not normally sent out for purchases through agents.
Invoices may be paid through a credit card using Paypal below, or by Direct Credit or Cheque as described above in the Membership payment section, taking care to include details allowing your payment to be credited correctly.
You can login to access or modify your NZAS web profile from the login link on the home page, or by clicking here.
If you want to update your address and contact details, you can do so by logging into your profile. Alternatively, you can provide updated contact details by email to email@example.com.
f you have questions about membership please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to the Membership Secretary, New Zealand Association of Scientists, P.O. Box 1874, Wellington.